Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let the poking begin...almost

I will be 16 weeks tomorrow, which is that "magical" number.  I start weekly progesterone shots (17P - progesterone in oil) in the next week.  I'm waiting on a call from a nurse to set up the schedule, but hopefully we can get it all sorted out.  I'm not looking forward to these injections, but if that means this baby comes out AFTER 36 weeks, I will be a happy camper.  Granted, the size they were, it might mean for a much bigger baby come L&D time, but I think I can handle it.  Oh yeah, did I mention unless I have to have a c section, I'm absolutely skipping the epidural this time?  After the spinal headache from my epi with Noah, I'd rather just have the pain.  I'll just have to discuss post delivery pain management before hand, that was where I struggled with Em.
I've been trying to workout a couple of times a week, well, I intended to do more, but either headaches, nausea or laziness got the better of me. ;)  I'm just determined to be the strongest I can be during this pregnancy.  I mean, hitting the ground running with workouts once I get the all clear would be awesome.  It honestly has more to do with mental well-being and just a general feeling of wellness rather than trying to lose baby weight.  I really miss running and how great I would feel after a good run.  It kills me that I get exhausted just walking a mile (in 1 flipping hour) on the treadmill.  My weights routine yesterday killed and it wasn't nearly as hard as I used to do.  Man!  Talk about feeling out of shape.  But the round of braxton hicks contractions after I was done reminded me why I'm taking it slower.  We'll see if the 17P injections help to keep the BHs at bay more than with Noah.
Well, since I got woken up early from a phone call, I am going to take a little nap.  I need to shake this headache before it's time to take the kids to summer camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment