Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer time

This has been (to me) a rather lackluster summer. I've been tired a lot (insomnia anyone?) and being 2/3 of the way through my 4th pregnancy hasn't helped. My oldest is away at camp this week, so it's been interesting to see the dynamic shift between the remaining two kids.

I never have an easy time emotionally during camp weeks. It means long days with no consistent help at home and kids that get bored but don't want to do anything constructive to ease the boredom. Thankfully, with this pregnancy, Kyle has been trying to help as much as he can. My mom lived with us during my last pregnancy, and as hard and trying as that experience was, her help was invaluable.

I am looking forward to an extended family vacation coming up soon. That should be a nice time away from camp and a change of scenery. I love the Oregon coast (being that w as where I would go as a child), so waking up to the beach for a week sounds simply divine. I feel fortunate that I married into a great family, so spending a week with them is a lot of fun.

I have been trying to exercise and eat better in the last couple of weeks. I have my glucose test coming up in less than 2 weeks and I would love to pass it. I failed the 1 hour test with my first two, passed with the 3rd, so passing would be great, since we leave for vacation a few days after the test. I have always passed the 3 hour test, but avoiding it is idea. Who wants to spend 3 hours in a lab, being repeatedly poked after drinking a nasty tasting glucose drink? I've noticed that working out has helped my mental state. I always struggle with increased depression around 5-6 months into pregnancy, and being maxed out of my current antidepressant means that I really need to work on alternatives to adding a 2nd medication in. So if it means I have to exercise and then rest, that is what I need to do.

I am trying not to countdown to school yet. We picked up school supplies today, The first day is still over a month away, so it seems pointless to think much about it. I have friends who've had kids go back already or go back in the next few weeks, so it pops in there at times, but not all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment