Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boo-yah!

I'm having a good day, despite being really tired. Weigh in was good, back to what I was 2 weeks ago, plus a little less. :o) I was up last week, and today I was 162.4, so .4 down from my initial challenge weigh in. What that in and of itself isn't all that impressive, I've lost a lot of inches in 2 weeks. I've lost 8.625 inches in 2 weeks! The biggest change is in my chest measurement, but I have lost nearly an inch in each my waist, hips and baby pooch. I've also lost an inch in each thigh. Definitely makes me happy that, while the scale is slow in moving, I'm making a lot of lean muscle and burning some fat.

I'm not trying to stay within my target calorie range each day. I am waiting for that level of dedication simply because I'm still nursing Noah. Once that is over with, it's "game on." I know my body will be more willing to shed weight once I no longer need the calories to make milk. At least I'm building a lot of lean muscle mass to help kick up my metabolism for the not too distant future. I mean, Noah will be 10 months in just 5 days, so that means I'm only about 2 months until he's on cow milk & solids. While I will miss the bond of nursing him, I'm really excited to have my body back in its entirety. I've always joked that between being pregnant & nursing, I've only had ownership of my body for 2 weeks in the last 3 years. That's pretty sad!

I've come up with some great goals for next summer. Noah will be 1.5 & walking, so I plan to take the kids to the grassy field not too far from our house to just run around and play. Of course, if we've moved, I'll have to find another area to play, but I plan on having it be much more active. I just hope that by next summer Em will be 100% potty trained, since she'll be 3. Yikes! I can't believe she'll be that old!!!

Sounds like I have an upset boy that wants out of his crib, so I better run! Still have to get my yoga in too. Had to wait longer because I was taking my time finishing my coffee. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment