Thursday, October 1, 2009

The challenge of being a mommy

As I sit down to write this, I hear Noah waking up. Em has just gone down for her nap, without her beloved green blankie. I need to workout, and I want to in some part, but the SADD (aka seasonal depression) riddled part, just wants to climb into bed. I had a great time at MOPs this morning, but somehow, I'm just feeling blah and down.

What should I be happy about? My size 10 jeans that just weeks ago left me with a Costco sized muffin top now only have a tiny bit of belly poking out. I've lost over 7 inches in the last 2 weeks alone! What is there to be upset with there? The scale said 161.2 this morning, down 1.2 since yesterday. Also nothing to be sad over. Emily had fun with her group at MOPs, I made a cute craft.

Yet, there is something nagging at me. I'm feeling glum, depressed and wanting to withdraw. I hate this feeling, mostly because it is all too familiar and I know I will be fighting a lot to keep it from taking over. The main factor is the weather. The clouds and rain of fall have replaced the sun and warmth of summer. I have forgotten to take my vitamin D the last few days, so that is also not helping things. Plus, I found out that our favorite Saturday morning breakfast restaurant, Mike's Cascade Grill, is closing its doors. We've gone there for years and it will be greatly missed! Where else will I get great Eggs Benedict on a Saturday morning, because I sure as heck won't make it. ;o)

Now that I've gotten these feelings out, it's time to work out and pray. God is weighing something on my heart, but I suspect I've been tuning Him out and I need to focus and listen to see what He has to say.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying that your heart will be lightened and you will find peace. I am excited for you that you are getting motivated to get in shape. I have the thoughts, but my own motivation is sorely lacking, so I am very impressed by anyone who gets going! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete