Monday, October 5, 2009

What am I missing?

I've been feeling in great conflict with myself lately. I've been extremely moody, angry, short-tempered and now I just feel a great angst. I feel like my soul is in torment and I can't figure out why.

I hope that I can get a good night of sleep, wake refreshed and well enough to brave a workout during the kids' nap. I also hope their naps last as long as they did today so that I have a while after the workout to shower and relax.

I'm praying for guidance, I'm listening for what God is trying to tell me, I'm giving over my grief about losing Kyle's grandpa to God, and I'm trying to quiet myself. This is my struggle for tonight...how can I quiet my thoughts, which seem to be going 500 mph?

I still feel like there is something I'm missing. I guess I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to releasing control to God.

1 comment:

  1. I think most people struggle with that - I know I do! It can be so hard, sometimes and it is a constant battle - you can't just do it once and then have it be done. It's daily, sometimes hourly.
    As far as tricks for quieting your thoughts, I used to sing to myself (in my head) in the middle of the night to fall back to sleep. If I could get my head around a song (when I was pregnant, it was always Broadway musicals) the rest would fade quietly away and I could fall asleep with only this song playing in my head. Praise and worship songs always help, too - the peaceful ones. Or old hymns.

    ReplyDelete